So when I bought this house I had a housewarming party. As part of the drinks for that night, I bought a bottle of tequila. Two years later, there's still most of the bottle left, so I decided to come up with a recipe to use some of it. Tequila and lime of course always go together, and I had them both, so I figured I would just make a simple, tasty, sandwich.
1/3 cup tequila
2 boneless chicken breasts
Juice from one lime
2 slices colby-jack cheese
1 tbsp mayo
1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
1/4 tsp dry cilantro
4 slices whole wheat bread (or other bread of your choice)
Fine sea salt
1. Put chicken, tequila and lime juice in a bag and set in fridge to marinate for 4-8 hours
2. Heat grill (gas or charcoal, whatever you prefer)
3. Remove chicken from bag, sprinkle lightly with salt on both sides, and put on grill
4. Prepare the mayo by mixing mayo, cilantro and chile powder, set aside
5. When chicken is finished cooking, assemble the ingredients. Bread, mayo, a layer of fresh spinach leaves (stems removed), chicken, cheese, bread.
I don't particularly like tequila to drink, but it sure makes for a great sandwich!