4 cups chicken stock
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
1 large onion, medium dice
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups rice
2 cups champagne
1.5 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 cup cooked rabbit (or chicken), cut into bite size pieces
1. Heat the stock in an electric teapot set on low.
2. In a large pan, heat 2tbsp of olive oil and the first 2tbsp of butter. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for fifteen minutes on medium-low, taking care not to let the onion to brown.
3. Turn heat up to high and add rice. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. The rice should be coated with the oil/butter mixture during this process.
4. Carefully add champagne, rosemary and thyme. Cook until champagne is almost all absorbed, stirring continuously
5. Turn heat down to medium-low and add 1/2 cup of stock and the salt. Continue stirring the rice as it cooks, as this helps release the starch, which makes the risotto creamy.
6. Continue adding the stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously until the stock is absorbed. Do not add the next batch of stock until previous addition has been absorbed
7. Once all stock has been added, and you taste rice to ensure that it's properly cooked, remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter, rabbit, and parmesan, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes.